Call for Tutorials
Tutorials at ICIP 2019 will be held on September 22, 2019 in both morning and afternoon sessions of 3 hours each. We seek for tutorial proposals in this call.
Required Proposal Information
Each submission must include the following information:
- Duration: half day (3 hours) or full day (6 hours)
- Presenters: Names, affiliation, contact information (email and mailing address), and short bio for each presenter.
- Description: A description of the tutorial topic, providing a sense of both the scope and depth of the tutorial, along with a tutorial outline.
- Expected audience: Include the background of audience and expected number of attendees.
- Recent publications: List recent publications from the speakers in the past 3-5 years.
- Relevance: Address the importance and timeliness of the proposal, and its relevance to researchers and engineers.
- Previous editions: If the tutorial was given before, describe when and where it was given, and if and how it will be modified for ICIP 2019. If possible, provide a link to slides of the previous tutorial presentation.
- Presentation material: If a draft of the tutorial material (to be distributed to tutorial participants) is available that can aid in assessing the proposal and also enable the committee to provide more constructive suggestions for the content.
Inquiries should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proposals will be peer-reviewed using the following criteria:
- Timeliness of the proposal: Importance of the topic in 2019 and relevance to ICIP.
- Quality of the proposal: State-of-the art coverage of the topic, coherence, and experience of the speakers.
- Spectrum of the proposal: Topic is of broad interest to academia and/or industry, researchers and/or engineers.
- Accessibility of presentation material: Presentation can be understood by the broad ICIP audience including graduate students, practicing engineers, researchers and professors.
- Tutorial Proposals Due: December 15, 2018
- Notification of Tutorial Acceptance: January 15, 2019
Proposals for tutorials must be submitted to email@example.com before deadline.